One of my favorites places

One of my favorites places
Chicago's Millennium Park

Monday, October 25, 2010

All That Matters

I've been reading/studying Ephesians for a few weeks. A recurrent theme is the putting away of old self and putting on the new self that comes as a result of Christ's love and sacrifice. Each day I can choose to die to self and to live for Christ. I have to make a conscious decision to choose Him, everyday. At the end of the day and during the day, all that matters is Christ. There is nothing else that comes close to Him and his miraculous and sacrificial love that consumes us. I get caught up in the little daily routine things of life instead of asking myself, What does God want for me today? How am I going to glorify Him? Freak accidents happen, unexplainable suffering occurs but one thing that remains is God and His love. Does it matter if I'm dating or single, working, alone, healthy, suffering, doubtful? All that matters is Christ. Knowing Him, really truly knowing Him and seeking Him daily is really what life is about.

"Imitate God therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children." Ephesians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment