One of my favorites places

One of my favorites places
Chicago's Millennium Park

Friday, October 8, 2010

Confidence in Christ

I decided to stay at my current job. I'm praying that when the time is right, the opportunity will come up again to do what I am completely passionate about. I've taken the "responsible" road and am confident in my decision despite the disappointment I feel. Jobs will come and go, but one thing remains constant: Christ. No matter where I may be working or living, or the people in my life, Christ remains the same. His love is constant despite my imperfections and decisions that I make. I pray to honor God with my decisions and He is there even when I don't always follow through. Christ's love is something I will  never completely and full understand and often feel like I don't deserve it. But I am thankful for it nonetheless. Even when I am disappointed about walking away from something that would have been great, I know that Christ is really all that matters. My most cherished and valued friendships are a direct result of Christ. I know God is in the grand scheme of things, but the friendships that have continued after several moves and many miles apart are sustained because of one common factor: Christ. I have a few friendships where Christ isn't the common factor that I still value. But when it comes to my relationship with Christ, it's hard to fully explore and understand that avenue. Hope and confidence in Christ make a difference.

So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. Hebrews 6:8



No comments:

Post a Comment