One of my favorites places

One of my favorites places
Chicago's Millennium Park

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ahh..Saturdays

Saturday mornings are my favorite time of the week. Today was an ideal Saturday for me. Woke up a little after 8 and started my day off right with my coffee on the porch while reading my bible. I typically read at night, and this week my consistency was very poor. But starting off the day reading God's word set the tone and my mindset for the day. Reading is such an integral and staple of our walk but I'm often very lazy and not committed to it. After my coffee and bible reading were completed, I cleaned out the fridge, washed some dishes and vacuumed. Then I paid some bills and painted my toenails. I got some food in there and then it was time for the pool. I spent a good portion of my afternoon reading and listening to music. I know for some, sitting by the pool may seem boring, but it is one of my favorite things to do, if you can call it "doing" something. The sun felt so good, not too hot today. Then I came back and ate again, got cleaned up and went to Target to pick up some essentials. I then got to play some tennis with my neighbor, I figured out that I am better with a left backhand than right backhand, go figure. And now I'm finishing up the day with the Harry Potter movie weekend on ABC Family, a good way to end the day.
After reflecting on how much I enjoyed my day and how relaxing it was, I then thought about how what I did today really didn't affect anyone, my day was completely about me and what I wanted to do. While I know it's ok to have these days from time to time, I want to produce good fruit more days than not. Matthew 6:33 served as a good reminder for me today on my day calendar. What can I do to produce good fruit for the kingdom of God?

1 comment: