One of my favorites places

One of my favorites places
Chicago's Millennium Park

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Broken Record

Another week has gone by. I really loved my job this week, especially one patient in particular who is making great progress and makes my job really fun and rewarding. I have one patient who is very challenging to work due behavioral/cognitive problems and is also deaf. There's been an interpreter everyday this week except today so I used a dry erase board to communicate with him. Yesterday he tried getting up by himself and almost fell until I put him back on the bad. He also swore at me and raise his hand like he was going to hit me. These are the times where I have to pray for God's wisdom on how to approach this kid. But today was a better today, mostly because he was very lethargic due to some Valium he had gotten earlier.
The past few weeks I've been out of sorts in my walk with God. Ignoring what I know I should be doing in place of what I want to do sometimes. I see this pattern in myself. I don't know why I get caught up in other things besides God, I know his hand is always present in my life. But sometimes my convictions are so weak. I know what I should want to do, I should want to obey a God who loves unconditionally and provides for me in every way possible, but I turn away and go on my own. But I know he is always there, waiting for me to come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment